1) Dont use music so no need to pay anything.
2) Pay some local musicians to use their own music compositions & recordings as background music that are not registered with any performing rights societies,
3) Bring to work your own CDs or buy some to play & use and pay your local performing rights society for the use of the music, keep the music fresh by changing it regularly with new music.
4) Purchase music with a royalty free license so no additional performing royalties are due and therefore you dont need to buy a performing rights license.
5) Rent music on a monthly basis from The Background Music Library and get music sourced and supplied specifically for your business use with regular changes to the playlists.
6) Play CDs, listen to the radio without a performing rights license and see how long you can make it until the performing rights society bring the heavies around to threaten you with legal action.